- RESEARCH & AWARDS
- CATEGORY REVIEWS
Private Label Buyer Magazine
View Archived Issues
The April 2014 issue of Private Label Buyer includes articles on Omnichannel, store brand sauces, and more. Check it out today!
Omnichannel is one of the hottest topics in retail today. Econsultancy describes it as “an integrated sales experience that melds the advantages of physical stores with the information-rich experience of online shopping.”
While private label foil and plastic wrap have suffered sales losses as of late, food and trash bags have all seen respectable gains.
Whether Easter excites you professionally over a spike in candy sales or you personally crave bunny-shaped sweets, April should be a good month for candy.
This month’s new food products include single-serve coffee, yogurt with toppings, gourmet lollipops, mini cheesecakes, crunchy cheese curls, red & white sour gummis, chocolate truffles, all-natural edamame, natural black tea, and dark chocolate-covered cranberries.
It seems private label sauce categories have plenty of room to grow. Meat sauce/marinade/glaze was up almost 15 percent to $41 million with only a 4 percent share, according to IRI data for the latest 52 weeks ending January 26, 2014.
In order to gain current insight into the best merchandising practices for today’s private label retailers, Douglas J. Peckenpaugh, editor-in-chief of PLBuyer, sought perspective from Jeff Weidauer, vice president, marketing and strategy for Vestcom.
While Stephens has long said that thinking “inside the box” is often appropriate, since answers to 90 percent of retail problems can be found inside the four walls of the store, the new title for his regular column includes that remaining 10 percent. In today’s retail world, we all live “In & Out of the Box.” —DJP
Retail has seen significant change in the emphasis placed by retailers and consumers on private label.