- Baby Non-Food Products
- Baking/Cooking Staples
- Household Products
- Kitchen Products
- Paper Products
- Personal Care
- Pet Products
- RESEARCH & AWARDS
So what are the keys to private brand success?
CLARITY OF FOCUS
• Develop focused, consumer relevant brands and commit to building them as corporate assets.
• Create a dedicated brand team.
• Commit to long-term brand building while encouraging short-term growth.
• Focus on a strategy that builds a portfolio of consumer relevant private brands.
• Build one-, three-, five- and 10-year plans and enlist the entire organization to make them happen.
• Do not confuse brand management with product development.
CONSISTENCY OF EXECUTION
• Consistent package design validates the customer decision and lets the customer easily recognize the brand.
• Consistent quality is essential.
• Consistent merchandising enhances the brand recognition.
• Celebrate your brands as assets.
• Marketing is crucial.
• Consistent pricing clarifies the brand positioning.
COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION
• Build a culture that both rewards and expects innovation.
• Develop brands that, at their core, are innovative.
• Encourage and reward all partners who bring innovation.
• Create innovation in all brands.
• Commit to both incremental and radical innovation.
What will YOU do?
About the Author:
Christopher Durham has more than 15 years of brand-building experience. His career has focused on private brand and retail brand development and strategy. My Private Brand (www.mypbrand.com) is his daily private brand blog, dedicated to fostering innovation, encouraging debate and writing the next chapter of brand management.